Since I wrote about Oliver’s montessori bedroom all Ikea, many of you have asked me about the bed. Get ready for a trip to Ikea, because today I’m going to tell you (in as many details as possible) how we made it. It’s actually super easy.
- Sniglar bed structure (70x160 cm)
- Sultan Lade slatted bed base (70x160 cm)
- Vyssa Slappna mattress (70x160 cm)
- A measuring tape
- A pencil
- A saw for wood (we bought a very simple one in Leroy Merlin)
- Sandpaper for wood (but the one you use to smoothen walls works too
What to do:
- Go to Ikea ;-) (make sure you check the availability on the website to avoid disappointments).
- Buy the Sniglar bed frame and Sultan Lade slatted bed base. The bed base doesn’t actually come in the bed frame box, so make sure you get that too.
- Get back home ;-)
- Assemble the bed base.
- Before you start assembling the bed, you’ve got some sawing to do. Measure 2cm from where the leg starts and make a mark with your pencil on each leg. You can also cut it all off, so the structure is completely on the floor. We left 2cm because we wanted to put the carpet underneath (as you can see in the picture).
- Saw the legs off (yes, just like that!). It’s easier if you have some help: I held the frame tightly while my husband sawed the leg off.
- Using sandpaper, smoothen the bottom of the leg.
- Finish assembling the bed.
- Put slatted bed base and mattress in, and voilat! Your perfect montessori bed is done!
Two more tips:
Tell me what you think
Did you like it? Do you agree or disagree? I'd love to hear from you.